Market on the Mountain is completely volunteer run. We need lots of volunteers to make our sale successful. Not only is volunteering a great way to meet new people, you also get access to our preview sale and the best bargains! Volunteers who work 2 shifts get the earliest shopping time!
PREVIEW SALE DATE: Thursday, March 7, 4:30-8:30pm
- Volunteers working 2 shifts shop at 4:30pm* (*This option allows you to bring a guest to shop early with you in addition to your spouse!)
- Volunteers working 1 shift shop at 5:30pm
- Consignors begin shopping at 6:30pm
- The preview sale will be open only to those individuals who are volunteering and/or consigning with the sale.
- Please remember that the preview sale is for you (the volunteer) to shop for your own family, and not for friends. Your spouse may shop with you. Grandmothers, aunts, uncles, & best friends must volunteer a shift to shop early with you.** Entrance to the preview sale will be strictly enforced for consignors and volunteers. **EXCEPTION: Volunteers working 2 shifts may bring an additional guest to shop with them in addition to their spouse.
What will I be doing if I volunteer at the sale?
You will be working! Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing that is easy to move in. Below are some of the standard tasks for each shift:
- Consignor drop-off: Welcome consignors as they arrive; help consignors bring their items in from their cars and to the back for checking; hang clothing on racks; place other items in designated areas
- Sale Days: straighten & patrol the sales floor; greet customers as they arrive; assist customers in finding correct sizes or items.
- Consignor pick-up and clean-up: Sort unsold items by donation/non-donation and by seller numbers; move and clean tables; move furniture to designated locations; help consignors locate and take unsold items to their cars.
What if I can’t volunteer after I’ve signed up, or I need to change my shift?
Log-in to your consignor account and change or cancel your shift. After sale week begins, you must contact us by email to cancel or change your shift. We can’t guarantee there will be another slot available if you want to change your shift. If you cancel, we will need to try to find a replacement, as we cannot run the sale without our required number of helpers. Volunteers who miss their shift without notification will only be allowed to volunteer at future sales with a valid excuse and at the discretion of the Market on the Mountain team.
Thank you for helping Mountaintots by sharing your time and talents!
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.